Monday 2 March 2009

Ned's first photo with the Sigma 10-20mm lens.

Well, here's my first halfway decent picture with the Sigma and I have to say I love it so far although I haven't really had time to really put it through its paces. I am pleased with the sharpness exhibited and the colour seems lovely and warm, but the camera was on a tripod after all. There is some flare but I was shooting into the light.

I have taken some other photos hand-held which look a bit soft to me but I think it may take a for me while to adjust to focussing the camera. I fully expect any problems to be user error rather than the fault of the lens. Time will tell.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

Nice to meet you!
I'm a Chinese girl who is learning English .
I enjoy your pictures very much. How I wish I could see this beautiful scenery by my own.
Hope to be your friend.^_^

3 March 2009 at 06:14  
Blogger Ned. said...

Hello Michelle,

Great to hear from you. I'm really glad you enjoyed the pictures and that you like the scenery in Devon. Good luck with your English studies and maybe hear from you again.

Best wishes...

3 March 2009 at 18:22  
Blogger michelle said...

Hello Ned,

Thank you very much for your reply.
Well,Devon,is it in Canada? I looked it up in a dictionary.But I'm not sure because you said that you live in England in the profile.

Anyway,I'm always asked to take pictures in the school activities.But I cannot do it well.Maybe I have the honor to learn something about photographing from you...^_^

My major in college is ACCA(maybe you don't know it).The text books are all written in English. It's a great challenge for me.So I have to improve my English,hehe..

Looking forward to your reply.

Best wishes...

4 March 2009 at 12:13  
Blogger Ned. said...

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your kind comments. I think you may have found "Devon Canada" when you tried to look up Devon. They are an energy company, whereas, Devon, where I live is in South-West England about 370 km from London. It's a very nice part of the country but it gets lots of rain. I wonder what the weather is like where you live?


I am guessing you must be studying accountancy or something similar if your major is ACCA. You seem to be rising to the challenge of studying in a different language as your English is very good.

I will put some more photos up soon and hope you will like them. I am sure your photography can't be all that bad and mine is not all that good! Hope to hear from you soon.

Bye for now.

4 March 2009 at 22:48  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home