Saturday 7 March 2009

Chinese Garden of Friendship Sydney, 2008.


We saw this Lizard in the Chinese Gardens of Friendship in Darling Harbour, Sydney last August. It was a beautiful winter Sunday and the lizard was basking by the side of the ornamental lake. The lady in costume was actually just a visitor who had hired the costume-I'm not too sure how authentically dressed she was. 

I wasn't aware of these Gardens the first time I was in Sydney and was really impressed by them.  n.b.  I am talking winter by Sydney-Siders standards. I have had far worse summer weather in England than the weather we had in Sydney, which was a bit cold but mainly dry. Anyway, as I am a bit of a stickler for detail I now wish I had asked what species of reptile this was when I had the chance. Most people who have left comments or recommendations about the Gardens call it a Chinese Water Dragon and who am I to argue with them?   

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home