Wednesday 29 April 2009

Rocket Scientist-Giottos Air Rocket Blower.


The Giottos Rocket Air Blower is great. I have had it for a couple of weeks now and it is a great little piece of kit. It delivers a very strong yet controllable, blast of air exactly where you want it thanks to the two inch long nozzle/nose-cone. Reassuringly, nothing flies out of the nozzle other than air, no aerosol accelerant or bits of old rubber for that matter. It also looks incredibly funky on my desk where I use it to blast the dust off of my keyboard!

In the end the blower dislodged all but one speck of dust from the sensor leaving me more than happy with the miniscule £10.00 investmment. My advice to anyone out there would be to get your sensor professionally cleaned (once) and then use your blower every couple of weeks to prevent dust becoming a problem. At about £30.00 for a proper clean I think that it would be a false economy forking out any more money to buy one of the many cleaning kits on the market. I have had my camera about three years and taken thousands of photos and would far prefer to put my spare cash towards a new lens or flash rather than a cleaning system that only comes out every two years. At one point I considered getting a sensorcleaning

In short I wish that I had emploted a blower right from the start rather than fretting about the sensors fragility. I am sure if I had done that, the one anoyingly "welded" dust mote might never have stuck!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home