Saturday 28 March 2009

Daffodil Hunting II





















The new lens turned up yesterday and I am pleased to say that it too has the "sensible" lens hood I wrote about at the start of this blog. I was intending to take the camera out and about on Plymouth Hoe but the traffic was awful, so I headed off for Widecombe-in-the-Moor where I had jolly nice cream tea but that's another story. I didn't have much time to play with as the weather was less than ideal and very cold but I think that this lens might be a keeper, although these are very much early days! These daffodils are definitely sharp (1/125 @ f.11 in old money).







The Church of St. Pancras, Widecombe, was shot on a tripod at the same speed and aperture and again looks to be sharp across the frame. I just wish there was an easy way of utilising hyperfocal focussing on modern focus-scale free zoom lenses.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home