Sunday 3 May 2009

Grass, Sky & Post Box.

Even if I say so myself, I am pleased with this composition, although it would have been stronger if the picture read 12:10 rather than 11:50 if you know what I mean. This photo demonstrates to me why I find colour photography easier than monochrome; the photograph simply would not work in black and white.

As far as I have been able to tell this one is a Type A George V pillar box dating from sometime between 1910 and 1936. It is a nice deep red unlike a lot of those faded to pink pillar boxes that are far too common these days. It looks as if it could do with a touch of paint around the base all the same.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ive just got what you mean about the time!

4 May 2009 at 19:40  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home